Physiotherapy and RMT / Massage Therapy Services
Injuries that we treat:
- Sport injuries
- Neck and back pain
- Joint sprains
- Muscle strains
- Pain control and relaxation
- Rehabilitation following fractures and surgery
- Balance and dizziness problems
- Postural dysfunction and muscle imbalances
- Abnormal gait biomechanics
- Frozen shoulder, rotator cuff problems, tennis and golfer’s elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains, plantar fasciitis, patellofemoral pain, IT band friction syndrome, skier’s and goalkeeper’s thumb
- Alleviation of Stress, Headaches and Tension pain
We have all the main physiotherapeutic modalities including ultrasound, IFC, TENS, NMES, Acupuncture and heat and cold for pain and swelling control, facilitation of tissue repair and healing, and for muscle re-education.
We are equipped with mechanical traction for decompression therapy.
Manual therapy techniques involving joint and soft tissue mobilization and manipulation are used to aide in helping with pain control and recovery of normal movement.
Taping, strapping, and bracing to support and protect injured areas are widely used where indicated.
We provide guided and independent exercise programs to ensure full recovery and patient independence.
We can provide postural analysis and pre-participation screening (via the Functional Movement Screen) to identify areas of potential problems before they manifest themselves.
Massage therapy treatments offers trigger point release, deep tissue sports massage, muscle energy techniques, stretching, pre-natal & post natal massage and if you are preparing for a race or sporting event Urban Active Sport Therapy Clinic offers pre-event and post-event massage therapy services.
Our commitment is to help you get to the root of the problem and not just treat the symptoms. With extensive experience in assessing and treating sport and lifestyle injuries, motor vehicle and work related injuries, we’re able to help you recover fully and enjoy your active life.