close
close
Reading firefighters extinguish a shed fire

Reading firefighters extinguish a shed fire

Reading firefighters extinguish a shed fire

READING, MA — Reading firefighters extinguished a shed fire Wednesday night, according to a post from Reading Firefighters Local 1640.

Fire dispatch received the call reporting the fire on Howard Street shortly before 8 p.m.

Subscribe

Crews arrived to find a fire in a small utility shed. The fire was quickly extinguished.

The fire was probably caused by a torch used to burn nearby weeds.

“Although this was a minor incident, there have been significant structural fires caused by weed blowtorches,” the post reads. “If you use a weed blowtorch, be sure not to use it near any combustible structures or materials.”