close
close
Perth couple fighting for their lives after being found unconscious

Perth couple fighting for their lives after being found unconscious

Perth couple fighting for their lives after being found unconscious

Two Perth parents were rushed to hospital in a critical condition after their children discovered them unconscious.

Four bodies have been found in a house in Melbourne’s north. Two men, a woman and a teenager were found dead in Bicknell Court, Broadmeadows. A crime scene has been established, but police believe the cause of death is not suspicious.

The couple, in their 50s, reportedly used a coal stove in their bedroom to keep warm after temperatures dropped to 3.4 degrees in the early hours of Tuesday morning in the Western Australian capital.

Their children went to check on them around noon and found them unconscious.

Emergency services responded to the scene at the Westminster house, 12 kilometers north of Perth, and six ambulances arrived, as well as firefighters and police, WA Today reported.

Two Perth parents were rushed to hospital in a critical condition after their children discovered them unconscious. Photo: 7News

Luke Miles, acting Swan district officer for the Department of Fire and Emergency Services, said the couple had likely suffered carbon monoxide poisoning due to the heater being used without ventilation.

The presence of carbon monoxide was confirmed after fire crews conducted atmospheric tests.

“Over a long period of time, they have been exposed to possible carbon monoxide poisoning,” he said.

“Fatigue, they went to sleep and then obviously for a significant period of time, there was no ventilation or any type of monitoring.

“Unfortunately for the family, they located the two adults and at that point they called triple-0.”

At least 16 children have been rushed to hospital after suffering suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at an ice skating rink in Adelaide. Firefighters went to the ice rink on Sunday morning to conduct tests for harmful gases. They found high levels of the chemical in the air. Authorities are currently investigating whether more people are affected.

The parents are currently fighting for their lives after being rushed to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in a critical condition.

It is understood the family had recently moved into the house and had stayed up late unpacking before going to bed.

Carbon monoxide can occur when fossil fuels are burned without enough oxygen. Symptoms that people may experience after being exposed include headache, weakness, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, or vomiting.